Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chipotle Mayo

Recipe from Bobby Flay.
Entertaining is one of my favorite things to do.  I look forward to planning the menu as I think about what my guests would enjoy.  When Superbowl rolled around this year, I wanted to make sliders with a special "kick."  I found this recipe on the Food Network website.  I completely trust Bobby Flay when it comes to Southwestern flavors so I knew this would be a hit.  This Chipotle Mayo instantly became one of my favorite condiments.  Smokey bacon compliments the spicy mayo fabulously.  I typically double this recipe as it keeps for a long time without spoiling.
1 cup mayo
2 chipotle chiles, packed in adobo sauce
1 TBS adobo sauce
1/2 lime, juiced
salt
freshly ground black pepper
  1. Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined.
Some uses for Chipotle Mayo:
  1. BLT, as shown above
  2. Cheddar burgers or sliders
  3. Turkey wrap with bacon, lettuce, and Pepper-Jack cheese
  4. Roast beef sandwich with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and cheddar cheese
  5. Chicken, roasted pepper, and mozzarella panini
  6. Baked on tilapia

No comments:

Post a Comment