These are honest-to-goodness the best darn chocolate chip cookies ever! People rave about them wherever I take them. Unfortunately, I can't take any sort of credit for this recipe. The only time I've altered it is when I'm in the mood to try to make them a little healthier. Rather than doing all white flour, you can do 1 cup all-purpose flour and 2/3 cup whole wheat flour - you won't even taste a difference.
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 TBS (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz. Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the egg.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips.
- Drop on a baking sheet in tablespoon size amounts, spreading about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.