Monday, April 2, 2012

Parmesan Crisps

Recipe from Everyday Pasta by Giada De Laurentiis.

My husband and I went on vacation to Cancun a few years ago.  We found ourselves returning to the same restaurant multiple nights just to have the salad they served complete with Parmesan Crisps.  Ironically, when we returned home, I received a phone call from Mema saying she made these while I was away.  I had to try them!  I make these often since they are the perfect substitute for croutons.  They are salty and crunchy, but allow me to avoid the calories, preservatives, and trans fats that are so often found in the store-bought brands.

Parmesan Crisps look fancy and delicate propped up on a side salad, and our dinner guests always seem to be impressed.  The best part is, they can be thrown together at the last minute.  Use shredded Parmesan cheese in order to give the crisps a lacy appearance.
Parmesan cheese, shredded
freshly ground black pepper
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Add a tiny handful of the shredded Parmesan cheese to the baking sheet and spread out into a small disk.  Sprinkle a little freshly ground black pepper over the cheese.
  3. Bake for 10 minutes, until the crisps are golden brown.  Allow to cool on the baking sheet, then gently place on your salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment