Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It Is Well With My Soul

I've had the lyrics to the old hymn, "It Is Well With My Soul" stuck in my head recently.  The first verse has been playing over and over in my head like a broken record.  It hasn't been well with my soul, and I think the Lord is bound and determined to make it well.  The Lord has blessed me above and beyond, more than I even deserve.  I need to get better at giving thanks rather than making requests.  So thank you, Lord, for not giving up on me.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

2 comments:

  1. I love this song. It is so comforting to know that the Lord will never give up on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Misty! It's a beautiful song and is comforting to know that, it's it?

      Delete