Thursday, March 15, 2012

Saturday Morning Pancakes

Recipe adapted from Gina Neely in the Food Network Magazine.
My Mema began the tradition of making pancakes on Saturday mornings when my mom was a little girl.  My mom did that with me and  I now continue that with my husband.  We were on the hunt for the perfect pancake recipe to celebrate and kick off what we call "The Most Wonderful Day of the Week."  I found this recipe in the Food Network Magazine and we instantly fell in love.  These pancakes are dense and filling, but oh so tasty.  Like any pancake recipe, you can use whatever fruit you'd like.  We've done strawberries and/or blueberries with this.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 TBS granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups plain low-fat yogurt (or buttermilk)
2 large eggs
4 Tbs unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
Fruit (sliced strawberries, blueberries, bananas, shredded apples, etc.)
  1. Measure the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl.
  2. Mix together the yogurt, eggs, and melted butter.
  3. Combine and add fruit of your choosing.
  4. Butter a griddle and cook.

2 comments:

  1. Made this this morning for our Saturday pancake ritual and they're delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed them as much as we do! Keep cooking!

      Delete