Monday, March 5, 2012

My Very First Blog!

I'm dedicating this blog to my Mema.  Words cannot even begin to describe how special she was to me.  She passed away two short days before Christmas.  We're in March now, and I miss her more than ever.  She has been a strong and steady influence in my life.  Mema taught my mom and me what family really is.  She taught us how to be devoted wives and loving moms.  Mema showed us how to cook delicious Italian feasts in a tiny kitchen for her large family with both a smile on her face and love in her heart.  The thing I've never figured out is how she made it look so easy.

I guess you could say this might be a therapy of sorts for me.  I loved to call her and share recipes with her, to tell her what I was cooking up for dinner, to ask for advice, and most importantly, to tell her I loved her.  I know Mema would be proud of this blog.  I'm confident in saying that she would be my first follower, my most frequent commenter, and my biggest fan.

Here's to you, Mema.  I love you.  Buon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. My dearest, darling, daughter, Steph

    Knowing your love of and devotion to each of the three, faith, family, food, I believe mine will be the first of a long history of posts. Always keep the priority (which I know you will) as stated in the name of your blog and God will bless your endeavors, just as you have been a blessing to your family beyond what these words could possibly express. And your meals have been an incredible blessing to many!!! Anyone reading and following this blog: You’re in for a real TREAT!

    I love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was beautiful,she is smiling down at you I am sure.
    We love you Stephanie

    ReplyDelete